I’m starting the new year with 15 quotes that I hope will inspire you and encourage you to spread kindness where ever you go, including kindness for yourself.
Once again, I’ve included pictures from my sister-in-law, Cherie Mason, an incredibly talented photographer. If you want to see more of her work, check out her Instagram page.
1. “Kindness has the power to lift us all up.”
The impact of kindness is far-reaching. It brings people together, reduces stress, increases happiness, and creates a better world for everyone.
2. “This is your reminder to savor everything in your life, no matter how mundane or familiar. Because you never know when you’ll experience something for the very last time.” – Sam Harris
We all need to recognize the sacredness in life’s ordinary experiences.
3. “When we value connections and kindness, over material wealth, then our human spirits soar.”
Think about what’s really important in life and focus on those things.
4. “Life is made up of moments. How you act in these moments, what you do for others, how you make others feel, all make up your life.”
5. “My net worth is measured by the number of lives I’ve touched.”
I love this and believe in the end, it really is all that matters.
6. “Smile at everyone. Remember we are in this together.”
It’s free, easy, and makes everyone feel good.
7. “The happy life is not to be found in pleasures or possessions. It is a life spent in pursuit of virtue, of learning what is the right thing to do and then doing it – no matter how many people do otherwise. We may live to old age or die young; we may be healthy or sick, richer or poor: these are matters of fortune beyond our control. We control only our own thoughts and actions, how we conduct ourselves, and how we treat others.” – Seneca, Roman Philosopher
This isn’t new, but sometimes we need to be reminded.
8. “Just because you’re happy, doesn’t mean that the day is perfect, but that you have looked beyond its imperfections”. – Bob Marley
On the flip side, just because someone seems happy doesn’t mean they don’t have sadness in their life. Treat everyone with kindness, you don’t know their story.
9. “The little things are often the most meaningful, and the key to finding them is to remember to look for them.”
And they are usually not material things but things that come from the heart, love, affection, friendship, kindness, etc.
10. “Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.” – Charles F. Glassman
We know everyone struggles, it’s a condition of life. Use that to find compassion for others.
11. “May your life be like a wildflower, growing freely in the joy and beauty of each day.” – Native American proverb
Love this saying. My wish for all of you.
12. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Sir Winston Churchill
Food for thought. Give kindness, compassion, friendship, and love.
13. “Ego says, once everything falls into place, I will find peace.
Spirit says, find peace, and everything will fall into place.” – Marianne Williamson
Don’t tomorrow your life away. Appreciate the little things in life, live in the moment and you will find peace.
14. “You can probably look back on times that didn’t seem very memorable when they were happening but that stand out in retrospect for their sweetness: floating in the ocean on a summer day; seeing the sunset as you drove home from work; picking berries in the country with friends. Relive those moments—the sound of the surf, the breeze on your face, the taste of salt on your lips, the gentle rocking of the water—and you’ll see that they’re rich, layered, and powerfully sustaining to the soul.” – Martha Beck
I love that so many images involve nature. Very soul-nourishing.
15. “Kindness has a beautiful way of reaching down into a weary heart and making it shine like the rising sun.”
Kindness makes you feel good. Go spread some kindness.
I hope you’ve enjoyed these quotes. Share in the comments below which quote you liked best or if you have a favorite quote we’d love you to share that with us.
Is there someone who inspires you with their kindness? Nominate them for the Matt Kurtz Kindness Award of $250.
Do you have an act-of-kindness project you want to do but need help funding it? Submit your idea for the Matt Kurtz Kindness Grant of $500 and let us help you spread kindness.